Thursday, March 3, 2011

Never enough brains




Sometime in the summer after principal photography wrapped on "The Clockmaker", I decided that I was unhappy with the way the blood stain looked in the final scene after the main character commits suicide. I felt there weren't enough chunks of brain and skull mixed in with the blood when we originally shot it. We had filmed the scene in my apartment bathroom, so I was able to reshoot it easily. Late one night, I mixed up a batch of fake blood, set up the camera, and splattered it all over the door until I was satisfied. There are so many things that are out of your control when making a movie, it's important to fuss over the things you can to make them perfect. And this is how it ends. Everyone else has moved on and you're alone in your apartment, hoping that the mess you've made will make sense and that people notice that you took the time to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment